2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Using SendObject in intranet page (Access 2000)

I have a little VB executable that just opens an Access database and then performs 2 SendObjects to output a couple of reports defined in the database to specified locations. This works fine, but I now want to place this functionality on an intranet page.

I know enough VBScript to access Access databases in order to manipulate Recordsets via ADO, but I'm rather lost as to how I can do such things as outputting reports in this way. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Using SendObject in intranet page (Access 2000)

Unfortunately there isn't any easy way, especially with Access 2000. In general you would need to re-create the reports as an email message and then send it, as Access (as opposed to Jet) objects aren't exposed to web browsers. In 2002 and 2003 you can generate Data Access Pages which would come much closer to what you are after, but they are limited to working with Internet Explorer, and I believe require that some version of Office be installed on the workstation.
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for that, Wendell. I was afraid someone would say something like that! The main reason I want to do this is that the VB executable only works successfully for me (as administrator) and not for the intended user because of permissions and also a glitch with work-space (the reports to be output are Access snapshots which seem to require a LOT of temporary space), so at the moment I have to respond to a request from the user by simply clicking a button, but it's still a bottleneck. I was hoping to simply give the user a means of clicking a button on a web page to achieve the same result. Oh well.

Thanks again!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

If the user has Access 2000 on the workstation, you could simply do the VBA in Access and not have to worry with the VB executable and the user bothering you.
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No - she only has the Snapshot Viewer! Double oh well.........