3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

iPAQ 3650 Help Needed

If this is too far OT, please let me know.

SWMBO purchased a little-used iPAQ 3650 from a co-worker. The manuals are skimpy -- doesn't address any how-to's for getting data from a desktop to the iPAQ. She would like to have her desktop Contacts in her iPAQ. The contacts reside on a winXP/HE system running OXPSP3; the iPAQ runs MS Pocket PC v3.0.11171-Build 11178). I've connected the iPAQ cradle via USB to the desktop and sync'd from ActiveSync on the desktop. The iPAQ ActiveSync shows "Connected" in the upper part of the screen and to sets of synchonize information below with the upper one for Exchange Server and the lower for the PC. The Exchange Server message shows and error with the date and time of executing the sync from the desktop. The PC message shows last sync date and time as executed. Looks to me like we have communications between the devices and the ActiveSync software; however, Contacts on the iPAQ shows NO data. So if the desktop OXP software and the pocket PC software aren't recognizing each other and automatically sharing data, is that because I have the wrong expectation or some options set wrong on one or the other device? Do I have to export from the desktop COntacts and import to the iPAQ contacts? If so, how? A .CSV file? Where does the iPAQ expect data it's going to download to be on the desktop?

Can anyone tell me how to do this or point me to a good website or forum? I've googled till I'm going blind (naw, so far I just need glasses) and found nothing helpful.

TIA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: iPAQ 3650 Help Needed

In general you should just need to Sync the two devices the way you have described.

Is this an Exchange Server based email account? What mail client are you using on the desktop? Was the mail client running when you sync'd. When the sync finishes, click the Options button on it's PC window and check that it is configured to sync all contacts.

StuartR

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bob,
    Your message says:
    <hr>The Exchange Server message shows and error with the date and time of executing the sync from the desktop.<hr>
    What do you mean "messages shows and error with the date"? Is there an error message?

On ActiveSync, did you check Tools>Options...>Sync Options, and select "Enable Synchronization with a server" (at the bottom of the dialog) then configure there? I don't have an exchange server in my setup, so I don't know what to do next.

Errol

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

"Enable synchronisation with a server" is not necessary for synch'ing with an Exchange server. It enables you ty synchronize with an exchange server that is running appropriate Exchange Mobile software (I forget the exact name) without using the local Outlook client. It is generally much simpler to just synchronise with the local client software.

StuartR