Lounger
    Thanks

Project not viewable (2002)

I have 2 databases that I've been able to copy onto a memory key & work on at home in the past. Today both databases seem to be working fine on my home computer, but when I try editing either of their codes I get the following error message in the VBA window:

(Title) Project Locked
    Project is unviewable

Any ideas on why this happened and how to unlock the code?

Thanks,

Kevin

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Project not viewable (2002)

It sounds suspiciously like a somewhat corrupt VBA project. See this post on another help site for a possible cause of your problem - flash drives can be tricky when copying databases.
    Wendell

Lounger
    Thanks

I've been doing some more experimenting. The problem is not the memory key because the project is not locked when I open it with my office computer. The problem only occurs when I try opening the file (and others that I've created at work) on my home computer. My office computer has Access 2003 and Windows XP, my home computer has Access XP and Windows XP and the file is in Access 2002-2003 file format.

Could it have something to do with differences in the Access programs? The digital signature I created to make it easier to open the file at work? Sandbox mode differences between Access XP & 2003? Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks, Kevin

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I continue to find problems with MDBs that are stored in the 2002/2003 format. I would suggest you create a 2000 version by creating an empty database and then importing everything into that database. You may also have an issue with digital certificates since you created one. We've had very limited experience with them, most of it not good. The nag box is a worry, but we've learned to live with it.
    Wendell