New Lounger
    Thanks

Problem with Sort Order in Subform (Access 2000)

I am having a problem with the sort order in a subform. I have tried the OrderBy property on the subform and nothing changes. I have also ordered it ascending in the underlying query and it still remains the same. It takes the very last entry and places it on top. I want it ascending, I though that would be the default. What simple thing am I missing here?
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Problem with Sort Order in Subform (Access 2000)

If you create a query as the record source for the subform and sort it in the fashion you wish, the subform should be sorted correctly. So something else is going on here - if you simply display all the records by opening the subform in display mode outside of the parent form, are things OK. If so, it probably has something to do with the linkage between the parent form and the subform.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks

Wendell,
    Yes, when I look at the subform without parent form it sorts correctly. How could linking the forms affect the sort order when it is specified on the underlying query to sort a specific field ascending?
    Stacy

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Subforms are normally used to show a subset of the records in a table or query that releate to the record being displayed in the parent form. If you look at the properties of the subform control on the parent form, you will see the linkage properties I mentioned - see the attached JPEG below. This shouldn't normally affect the sort order on the subform, but if you have an unusual set of linking fields, you can get some bizzare results that look like the data has been scrambled. I would make sure there is no Sort Order property in the subform form as well. Hope this helps debug what is going on.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks

Wendell,
    Master and Child fields are exactly the same: "Company_ID". There is no sort order on the subform, the parent form. Only on the underlying data.
    I am at a loss. The subform is in datasheet view would that make a difference? When I right click and sort the column is goes exactly as it should.
    Stacy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Could you post a stripped down copy of your database? See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.