2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Syntex (Access 97 sr2)

HELP what am I doing wrong. I keep getting all of the roles with this code. I just want what is in the me![cborole] field

DoCmd.OpenReport "Rpt: Underwriting Report - Dated Notes", acPreview, "", "[Qry: Underwriting Report - Dated Notes]![Method Decription]=""COMPETITIVE"" Or [Qry: Underwriting Report - Dated Notes]![Method Decription]=""NEGOTIATED""And [Qry: Underwriting Report - Dated Notes]![COMMERCE ROLE]= 'Me![cborole]'"

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Syntex (Access 97 sr2)

"And" has precedence over "Or", so A Or B And C is interpreted as A Or (B And C). I think that you want (A Or [img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] And C, you must use parentheses to accomplish that. Moreove, you must place Me!cboRole outside the quotes:
    <code>
    DoCmd.OpenReport "Rpt: Underwriting Report - Dated Notes", acPreview, , "([Qry: Underwriting Report - Dated Notes]![Method Decription]='COMPETITIVE' Or [Qry: Underwriting Report - Dated Notes]![Method Decription]='NEGOTIATED') And [Qry: Underwriting Report - Dated Notes]![COMMERCE ROLE]= '" & Me![cborole] & "'"
    </code>
    Note: I replaced your double double quotes with single single ones for consistency; this is not essential.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Syntex (Access 97 sr2)

Thank you very much! You are the best. Basic order of operations, I just was not thinking. It works fine now.