Thread: Frm to Rpt Link

ac9fz

Frm to Rpt Link

I inserted a Word object in a report and I want a user to be able to update the Word object via a form. when I try to create the link between the two, it doesn't allow the link.
    Any Advice?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Frm to Rpt Link

Tell us what versions of Word and Access you're using and get more specific about what you're trying to do in the form.
    Charlotte

ac9fz

I am using Word and Access 97. I want the user to update an embedded Word Object that is embedded in the page footer of a report.

I would like the user to be able to update it in a form as opposed to going into report design. I built a form with the exact Word Object and tried to link it to the object in the report footer but it does not update with the one embedded in the form.

I wonder if creating a separate Word Document and embedding it in the footer of the report might be best. Then they would simply have to open Word to update the report footer. What do you think?
    Thanks,
    Andrew

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Normally you use textboxes to contain updateable data on a report and then either the underlying recordset or code to change their values. Otherwise, reports can ONLY be modified in design view, and the object embedded in the report isn't the same object you created on your form.

I don't see why you're using an embedded Word object at all. Could you explain further?
    Charlotte