2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't save as Works (2002 SP-2)

I want to save a Word document in the "Works 6.0-8.0 (*wps)" format, but every time I try to save Word locks up.
    Clark

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't save as Works (2002 SP-2)

Tried this on my PC this morning and did not have a problem. When Word was installed did you install all the converters?
    Carla

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I wonder if it wasn't the particular document I was trying to save as a Works word processor document. It had a .jpg inserted into it. I tried a test document with nothing but text and it converted it quickly.
    Clark

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Clark,

I am not sure if Woks supports .jpeg formats. At least you are able to get the text saved. Are you able to copy and paste the image after the fact?

Carla

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well, here's what was going on. I write every week to my 13-year-old daughter who, through a convoluted series of developments, lives with her grandparents in New Jesery. I write the letter in Word and always insert a digital picture of something that's going on around home. Yesterday my ink jet ran out of ink. I could have printed the letter with my laser printer, attached to the same computer, but then the picture wouldn't have been in color. I have another computer with a color printer attached, but it does not have Word installed on it. But it does have Works 8. That's why I tried to save the document as a Works document. What I ended up doing was taking the Word doc to the new computer (they are not networked) and opening it in Works, then printing it. It worked fine. I'm not sure what's going on with my Word installation. I thought I installed all the converters, and it did convert the test document that was just text. I guess it's not really too important since the letter got printed and mailed in the end.
    Clark

Thanks

To do it completely differently, you could convert your Word letter to a PDF document. If you don't have Acrobat Standard/Professional (and most people don't), you can download a free PDF print driver such as CutePDF Writer (there are others, of course,, but this one has no pop-up ads).