5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Antispyware beta expires (SP2)

I just got a msg that MS Antispyware Beta expires in 51 days and I should contact MS for more info. Can't find any info on Antispyware home page, or anywhere else.
    Any clues? Will MS start charging for the next version?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Antispyware beta expires (SP2)

The last I heard was that companies would be charged, but it would be free for individual, non-commercial, users. Other people know more than me about the subject!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

The current beta software is due to expire on 31st July. By then Microsoft should have released another beta or the final version. As for cost see the following interview - Security in Microsoft Products (April 14, 2005)

It includes the following:
    <hr>
    Q: Love the Beta Spyware program. Like the Spynet feature of it. What are the plans for it after Beta? Is it going to be free for conumsers and $ for business? Thanks Dave
    A: At the RSA Conference in SF in Feb, we announced that we will make the personal version of Windows AntiSpyware available at no additional charge to Windows customers. This will include the full functionality in the beta, including SpyNet of course. For business customers, we plan to offer a managed version that will be available as part of a paid solution<hr>

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Howard,
    According to what I see on the MSAS newsgroups there's almost certain to be another Beta issue prior to the current Beta's expiry date. Cost of MSAS is/has been discussed at regular intervals on the newsgroups and best I can make out is that, fairly certainly, the full issue of MSAS will be free to genuine (and registered) MS users. A commercial version will be available, at a cost.
    Keith

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks to all for the info.
    Howard