New Lounger
    Thanks

Deleting solver constraints in VB

I wrote the following code to automate Solver:

SolverOk SetCell:=ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0), MaxMinVal:=3, ValueOf:="0.95", ByChange:=ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1)
    SolverAdd CellRef:=ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1), Relation:=1, FormulaText:=ActiveCell.Offset(-1, -1)
    SolverAdd CellRef:=ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1), Relation:=3, FormulaText:=ActiveCell.Offset(0, -3)
    SolverSolve
    SolverDelete CellRef:=ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1), Relation:=1, FormulaText:=ActiveCell.Offset(-1, -1)
    SolverDelete CellRef:=ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1), Relation:=3, FormulaText:=ActiveCell.Offset(0, -3)

When run, it correctly adds two constraints (but it replaces cell references with their values on the righthand side of the constraints -- e.g., I expected "$B$4<=$B$3" but got "$B$4<=0.2125" -- but the solver still works).

My problem is the SolverDelete lines - they don't seem to do anything, and they certainly don't delete the constraints. After running the macro many times, I have to delete a lot of constraints by hand. Anyone run across this problem? Thanks a bunch.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Deleting solver constraints in VB

Can I suggest the following modification:
    SolverDelete CellRef:=ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).addresslocal, Relation:=1, FormulaText:=ActiveCell.Offset(-1, -1)
    SolverDelete CellRef:=ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).addresslocal, Relation:=3, FormulaText:=ActiveCell.Offset(0, -3)

This worked for me under XL97.

If you use addresslocal in your solveradd calls, you'll get the address in your constraints as you expected rather than the values.

Jon

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Deleting solver constraints in VB

Thanks, Jon. Your suggestion worked great.