Thread: email software

Star Lounger
    Thanks

email software

Greeting all,

Does anyone know of an email program that will allow you to have different signatures for the different contacts you have? For example I don't want to send the same signature to my wife and to my businsess associates. I know how to create different signatures in Outlook 2003 but they require me to change the signature every time I send a message to a different recipient.

Thank you,

Bret

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: email software

It's been too long since I used Outlook or Eudora for me to say, and I've used Mozilla mail ever since it came out. The way I did it was by creating a blank message "template" with a GIF graphic signature in it for personal and one for more formal use. When I want to send a message, I can open that template as a new message, put in one or more addressees, subject, etc. and when I send it, the template is not disturbed and the "new" message is in my Sent box. If you want to see what I mean, let me know and .... whoops, never mind. I was going to offer to send you an email, but I see you put no address in your profile. Well, anyway the idea works for me.

Thanks

You can do this with Outlook (not sure about Express). Outlook allows you to set a default signature for new posts and for replies/forwards. But you can also create additional signatures. Then you might set the Outlook signature defaults to none and use the Insert-Signature menu drop down to select a signature.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, I'll give this a try. It's not automated but at least it sounds less complicated than other things I have attempted.

Thanks

Here's something that looks like it will do what you want:
    http://www.tranglos.com/free/kookiejar_main.html