New Lounger
    Thanks

Wrong field data (2003)

My access DB has several tables and forms. Having inputted all data I am trying to create a query that involves several tables. The fields are Address from a Property details table, Room Name from a Rooms table, and ComponentName from a Components table. Each table has a relationship, e.g each Property has many Rooms, and each Room has many Components (lights, switches and sockets etc.). So its a one-to-many in each case. When I creatye the query that brings these together the Component field called ComponentName shows the ComponentID instead of the ComponentName. I have looked at the bound column and a few other things but cannot get it to display the ComponentName field. HELP!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Wrong field data (2003)

You're going to have to either post the SQL for your query or attach a stripped down database that contains just those elements needed to demonstrate the problem. One situation that can cause this is when you use lookups in your tables to display one value (like component name) but store another (like componentID). Without more details, all we can do is guess at the real problem.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Wrong field data (2003)

Thank you for your quick response. I will look at what you have suggested, although as you say I may need to provide more information.