2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Spybot 1.4 and Mirrors

Grateful if someone could advise whether there is any one particular 'mirror' site that I should choose to download Spybot 1.4 from, in preference to any other (cannot actually remember where/how I obtained 1.3!!). I must admit that I know absolutely nothing about the 'mirror' sites that I see listed when I look via Spybot's webpage (Net Integration Forum). I assume they are used to spread the load and to avoid mega hits on the prime Spybot site? I also assume that some of the mirrors are in US and some in Europe, but not sure which is where (!) and whether it is relevant to me or not. I know that my 1.3 version accesses 'Safer Networking #2 (Europe)' for updates.

Also, can I assume that whichever site I use, it will know that I already have the 1.3 version loaded and tell me if, and when, to remove it?

Grateful for any/all advice.
    Thanks
    Keith

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Spybot 1.4 and Mirrors

I wouldn't worry about the mirror site; pick any one, and switch to another one if the first one doesn't work.
    You will have to uninstall Spybot S&D 1.3 before installing 1.4; the installation procedure for 1.4 will warn you about this.

Thanks

Another thing you have to look out for is, if the mirror has updated it's system to reflect that newer version or is still supplying the older version.

Not necessarily SpyBot but others have done just that and you download it and discover it is the same one you already have.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans/Bob,
    Thanks for inputs, appreciated.
    Keith