Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Seeking Sample Data (Access 2000 >)

Hi all,

I'm designing a small course focussing on converting spreadsheet data and then normalizing it into tables for a database. I am seeking some fictional excel info that represents typical business type data! I have in the past used fictional data from sites I found on the internet, but the data is too little, and it is fairly bland!! I know this is an unusual request, but does anyone have old fictional spreadsheet based data that I can use to "normalize" for databases! If you do not have, would you know of locations on the web that allows for downloads of business type data to use. I have googled around, and have not come up with anything of use.

Please do NOT provide me with anything else but fictional info...pleeeeese!

PS: I ope this is not violating any lounge rules or breaching any ethics. If a moderator thinks so...please inform me and scrap this post! Thx
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Seeking Sample Data (Access 2000 >)

Offhand, I wouldn't know of readily available Excel data, but you could take the Northwind.mdb sample database that comes with Access, create various queries that combine data from different tables, and export them to Excel. The Orders table contains over 800 records, and the Order Details table over 2,000, so that should give you something to work with.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Seeking Sample Data (Access 2000 >)

Thx Hans. I will see if anything else comes in this thread, else I will revert to your advice and use some of Northwinds data~!
    Regards,
    Rudi