warpwiz

Working with Workdays

Access 2k - I am trying to eliminate weekend days when calculating days elapsed. I discovered NETWORKDAYS in Excel. But it's a drag to have to export from an Access query, then work from there (I do my reports in Crystal).

I can find no reference to doing this within Access. Does anyone know of a way?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Working with Workdays

Hi: FMS, Inc. has a tool called Total Access Sourcebook which has code for these type problems. The cost is aprox. $150. There is a function to calculate the difference in business days, eliminating Sat, Sun, and Holidays.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Or, check out this <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=acc&Number=39610&page=&view =&sb=&vc=1>post</A>

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The cost of SourceBook is much higher than that these days, I'm afraid, and it now contains code for Access/Office/VB.
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Check out the VBA functions in the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mvps.org/access/datetime/date0012.htm>Access Web</A>; they have a number of functions for dealing with work days, including one to count the number of workdays between two dates.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=blue>~Shane</font color=blue></font face=comic>