Star Lounger
    Thanks

Missing Web Components? (XP/sr2)

After installing a front-end database on two different, unconnected PCs I am getting an error when, for example, code behind a combo box runs: "missing program or library." Checking References reveals MISSING: Microsoft Office XP Web Components. This particular front-end "version B" is virtually identical to version "A" which was running fine on both computers. The only difference is format changes on a couple reports. I do not understand why version B would cause the stated effect when version A was working well. Also, after reviewing web info on Microsoft Office XP Web Components, it appears that Access XP should already have that library. (In addition, the relevance of that library to the current problem is unclear.) I have not yet attempted installation of the owc10.exe download; I will need an administrator's help with that if it is relevant to install. The only other factor unique to version B is that it began life as a "read-only" file (apparently as a result of saving it to a CD while my PC was upgraded to Windows XP Home?!). Any thoughts about why this problem occurred or how to fix it?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Missing Web Components? (XP/sr2)

I don't know why the problem occurred, but I would try clearing the reference to the Web Components, I suspect that the database will run fine without it.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Revisiting this problem again after 3 years ... clearing the reference DOES work for the time being, but the problem re-appears on another day (again, problem is with only 1 of 3 computers running the database off a network, though each PC probably has its own "Access"). Not sure yet if problem re-emerges later in the day, next day, 2 days later or when; am not aware of another event that could be triggering the databases "need" for Web components ... would Restarting the PC cause that?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

P.S. Using Access 2003 now.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Has the Microsoft Office Web Components library been installed in a non-standard location on the problem PC?