New Lounger
    Thanks

Decompile doesn't happen? (Access 2003 SP1)

I've been using the suggestion found in this forum of using decompile to keep an Access database happy and healthy and it has been doing a great job. Now I have a strange problem: one of my front-end databases won't seem to decompile! I have tried it using a Run command that has worked before and by setting up a key in the Registry to allow an Access file to be decompiled with a right click in File Explorer; both ways I hold down the shift key to prevent the startup routines from running. After the database opens, I open the VB window and when I look under "Tools" the option for "Compile" is grayed out. Am I correct in assuming that this means it hasn't decompiled? If so, is there anything I can/should do about it? Thanks for your help!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Decompile doesn't happen? (Access 2003 SP1)

If Compile <project> is grayed out, it would seem indeed that the database hasn't been decompiled, but as long as no other problems arise, I wouldn't worry about it much.
    If you prefer, you can import all database objects into a new, blank database. Don't forget to set non-standard references if necessary, and to set the startup options anew.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Decompile doesn't happen? (Access 2003 SP1)

Thanks, Hans. In an excess of caution I went ahead and created the new database and everything seems OK now. I just hate it when things that have been reliably working decide to do something odd with no obvious explanation. Though working with Access, I REALLY should be used to that by now! Thanks again.