New Lounger
    Thanks

# of Users - A2K

Does anyone know, from experience OR reference the number of simultaneous users of a networked Access 2000 database for (1) simultaneous editing of records ? and (2) simultaneous viewing only of data ?

Thanks for your help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: # of Users - A2K

The answer always depends on the exact situation. Since you're talking multiuser, the network itself is a major issue in this. Then there's the type of record locking scheme you want to use and the way the application is designed. And of course, it depends on whether you're using a Jet back end or MSDE/SQL Server. It isn't really a simple question and answer.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

I figured it would be theoretical or best guess. But would like a number if possible. It looks like the database will reside on a network in its standard format, accessible through VPN to the Internet. It will not be a Sequel Server system as we know now. Any any other suggestions greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks for answering.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It's going to depend a lot on the speed of the connection to the server, the internet connection, the speed of the individual machines, and on the way the database was designed. I don't have any experience with internet access to a database like this, so I can't be of much help.
    Charlotte