Star Lounger
    Thanks

Addin Failed (Office XP with SP3)

In WordXP, we are having a problem with our normal.dots. They hold just one AutoExec procedure. This procedure adds in a "temporary" master template which, in turn, has an AutoExec that finds the most current master template and attaches it. I have stepped through the code of both the temporary master template and the most current master template and they appear to be doing their job. However, at certain workstations, they have been getting the Runtime Error 5152: "Addin failed" message and are not attached to the network master template. We have just changed login software, and the lion's share of the workstations have transitioned very well. However, there are some that continue to be a problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks

Re: Addin Failed (Office XP with SP3)

Not sure what you mean by "login software" -- is that like a Netware client??

It might help to use "absolute paths" (UNC notation) rather than drive mappings if you can.

Also, just in case the addin having a problem is something other than your master template, you might check for any third party software such as Acrobat that installs template or COM add-ins for Office.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your information. We have just gone from one company's login software, e.g., Novell, to another one. We have just purposely gone from UNC to drive mappings. But, I think that you may have hit it on the head with the Acrobat template install interferring. I will look at that more closely. I really appreciate your response.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Follow-Up. We solved our problems. First, the server change-over caused some of our templates/forms to lose their reference to "Normal.dot." Secondly, and most importantly, if you look in WordXP, under Help/About Microsoft Word, there is a button that says "Disabled Items." We found that Word had arbitrarily disabled our master template Add-In on some people's machines. I brought up the disabled items on their machine, selected the template, clicked "Enable," and we have not had any problems since. I hope that by responding to my own post that this might help others who are having Add-Ins problems. Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you, it's always helpful to post the solution, even if you found it yourself.