3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

View-Only Zoom Box - like MsgBox (Access XP SP3)

Re: the acCmdZoomBox -- I have tried various ways to make the data "read-only" -- nobody fiddle with this unless you want to, we've resolved the problem to our satisfaction by just changing the "Behavior Entering Field" to position the cursor at the start or the end, therefore the box is still editable, but it is protected from inadvertent keystrokes wiping out the whole field.

However, in attempting to make a Zoom Box into one volumnious MsgBox: I have tried variously locking (me!comments.locked = true, and, the "various" part is that I might have put it in the on-focus or on the double click of the comments field, I have forgotten, which is why I say please don't stew on this unless you happen to have resolved this at one time and want to share). The errors I get w/ various attempts are: 1.) the user is allowed to enter to their heart's content in the zoom box, and then loses it all when returning to the field as it is locked <g>, and 2.) the user gets an error message alluding to my improperly setting the lock.

Just food for thought.
    thx
    Pat

I've tried a number of different combinations, and have variously made it so that the user can enter information

("Cancel=True" not needed for the acCmd statement? -- side question)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: View-Only Zoom Box - like MsgBox (Access XP SP3)

You can't do this with the built in zoombox. Even if you lock the control, the zoombox is editable even though the control isn't. Any changes won't be made, but that doesn't change the behavior of the zoombox. Your best bet is to build a form that looks much like a zoombox and put an unbound textbox on it of the size you want. In the double click event of the controls where you are now popping up a zoombox, open your form modal and popup instead and set the value of the textbox to the contents of the control that was doubleclicked. Then in the Close event of the zoom form, transfer any changes to the original control. Since the zoom form is a form rather than a dialog, you can lock the textbox on it, the same as you would on any other form.
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you, Charlotte!
    Pat

Thanks

If you download the file called popups.zip from this page it has a demo of a zoom-box type of form in it. This may be adaptable for your needs.
    Steve H
    IT Lecturer/Access Developer
    O2K SR3/O2010; Win7Pro

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you, SteveH. We have already resolved it, but it's nice to be pointed to another set of resources to check out!
    thx
    Pat