Star Lounger
    Thanks

ADO Recordset fails

Interesting one: this works fine here, but not at my clients (natch). VB6 app, uses ADO to connect to an Ac2000 db, then opens a recordset:

rstZ.CursorLocation = adUseClient
    rstZ.Open cmdZ, , adOpenStatic, adLockBatchOptimistic

This bombs with the 'helpful' error: "Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface." Perhaps a PC setup/DLL issue? This app installed fine, although I removed MDAC_TYP.EXE from the automatic setup for space reasons, we installed that on the host PC last week for a previous test program with a different name. Is reinstalling with MDAC included likely to make any difference? Or do you have any other ideas?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ADO Recordset fails

I'd start by checking the references to make sure you aren't missing any on the target machine. Are you distributing this to machines with the same version of MDAC installed as on the development machine? There are many versions of it out there, and the one that came with VB6 is NOT the latest version, even of 2.5. Does the client have Access 2000 on their machines? It's possible that the Jet version one of you is using is fighting with the other if Access is installed. Do you have SP4 installed on your VB6?
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ADO Recordset fails

Bingo... I was using the 2.5 that came with Office 2000, but VB was packaging the 2.1 that it had put in the Redist folder. Have now standardised on 2.5 SP1 and all is well. Thanks again.