Lounger
    Thanks

PC Reboot (XP Pro/SP2)

I am having a problem...PC just started to reboot on it's own. Sometimes after running for a few minutes and other times after running for a day. I have gone in and turned off the "Automatically Restart" in Control Panel, and have received the following message. Can anyone tell me what it means? NOTE: I have not added any new bits of hardware to my system, nor loaded any new software.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

** STOP: 0x00000001A (0x0000001C, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8053B885)

When the "would you like to send this to Microsoft" message came up after manually restarting I looked at the data that was going to be sent and this is what I found:

Error Signature:
    BCCode: 1000000a BCP1: 0000001c BCP2: 00000002 BCP3: 00000001
    BCP4: 8053B885 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product: 256-1

Any thoughts on what is causing this? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

WINXP Pro w/SP2
    Graphics Card: ABIT Siluro GF4 Ti4200-8X OTES
    Processor: x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1837 Mhz

Thanks

Re: PC Reboot (XP Pro/SP2)

A Knowledge Base search returns several pages of possible causes, depending on hardware/software configuration. This is probably your best place to start.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts

See this page: Windows XP Stop messages.

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks

Well...after a long while of searching and working on this issue, I seem to have found the culprit to my problem. I went and ran Microsoft Driver Verifier and was led to the following driver...BsUDF.sys. I looked it up on the internet and found that it is used with CD ROMs. The site instructed me to delete it. Afterwards I noticed InCD was not able to load at startup. I uninstalled InCD and haven't had a reboot since. I understand that InCD is for using "Drag and Drop" to a CD writer, but since I rarely use this function I don't feel I am losing anything...at least not yet. I am debating if I should reinstall it, but until I am in a fix I think I will leave it as is. Thanks for all your help and I look forward to reading more of everyone's enlightening wisdom.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts

Thanks for posting your solution. It may help someone else. If you do need to re-install make sure to get the most current version.

Joe
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

InCD is a program which formats rewritable CDs (CD-RW, DVD-RW and DVD+RW) in such a way that thay can be used as hard discs or diskettes. (For more information, see http://www.nero.com/us/User_Guides_InCD_4.html).

If you plan to use InCD later and fix damaged installation, download and install the latest updated version from http://www.nero.com/us/nero-up.php. (If you use version of Nero prior to 6.6, use "Previous versions" link on the left section.)

If you do not want to use InCD anymore but still have CDs formatted by InCD, download and install InCD Reader from http://www.nero.com/us/Support_Tools_InCD_4_Reader.html

Edited by kaplinb:

The cause of your problem can be a conflict between InCD and Roxio DirectCD or DragToDisk, if you installed Roxio Easy Media Creator (or CD and DVD Creator) as well.

To prevent such conflict, download and install Roxio UDF Reader Control