Thread: Styles (2003)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Styles (2003)

I'm new to Powerpoint although I've been using other Office programmes for years. However the most powerful feature for me in Word, the use of styles to large numbers of paragraphs at once, seems to be missing in Powerpoint. I find it hard to believe this. Is it really true? Are there workarounds? Thanks for any suggestions. Jim.

Thanks

Re: Styles (2003)

I think the general approach to this is to set the font attributes in the Slide Master so that the pre-positioned text boxes (placeholders) take on those styles. I believe this is a dynamic relationship similar to Word's heading styles (as you move them left or right in the outline, they change to take on the appropriate formatting). With respect to textboxes, somewhere there is a "make this the default" option so that you can at least start with your preferred font attributes if not have a palette of styles to choose from.

It also may be that someone has created an add-in that provides a style-like feature. You could search around for one...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Styles (2003)

As jscher posited, someone has indeed created a styles add-in for PPT. I can't tell you how many hours of work the RnR Shape Styles add-in has saved me!