2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Waiting for changes to complete

In A2K I am developing an FE/BE system. I display some data on a form in datasheet view. When I exit the form I need to check for data that needs processing and do it. When I make changes to displayed data there is a delay in getting those changes into the BE so that if I change the displayed data and then quickly hit my exit button, the processing routine won't find the stuff that was just changed. If I count to five before hitting the exit button, everything will be posted to the BE and processing catches everything.

How does my exit routine determine that there are changes in progress and wait until they are complete?

TIA
    Donald

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Waiting for changes to complete

Why don't you post the code your form is using to update the table? The answer depends in part on whether you're using DAO or ADO to update the table and exactly how you're going about it.

I don't know what you mean about the processing routine not finding the stuff that was just changed. What is the processing routine doing? The exit routine should be where the processing either takes place or is called from. What are you trying to do that isn't happening correctly?

There are ways to force a data refresh, but we need more information to suggest an appropriate method.
    Charlotte

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Waiting for changes to complete

You could try using the DoEvents() function. Put it as first line in your Exit button code. Sometimes it helps.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.