New Lounger
    Thanks

plain text font (IE6 SP1)

One of the settings has changed in the past few days. Not sure when or why or what did it.
    Tools -> Internet Options -> General -> Fonts -> Plain Text Font -> Courier New
    This font has always displayed as "regular" Courier New, but is now appearing as italic Courier New for some reason. Anyone know how to change the font back to displaying as regular?

Thanks

Re: plain text font (IE6 SP1)

Are you saying the options in the scroll box offers you (only) italic Courier New, or that it is showing the 'regular' Courier New, but what should be displayed as regular on a web page is actually displaying in italic?
    (Hope that makes sense!)

Is it possible your regular Courier font has become corrupted? Can you use it in other applications such as Word?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: plain text font (IE6 SP1)

Leif, problem solved. Thank you very much for the needed clue.
    The problem was Courier New (regular) was selected in the list of font options, but was displaying as italic on the web page (mainly noticeable reading Yahoo e-mail).

I checked Control Panel -> Fonts and discovered that the Courier New regular font file (cour.ttf) was missing. How that happened I have absolutely no idea. But the bold, bold italic, and italic versions of Courier New were still there. So I re-installed the cour.ttf file and things are back as before. Apparently IE choose to start displaying the Courier New italic font in place of the missing Courier New regular font.