3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Imorting Contacts from Excel (Outlook XP)

I have a listing of contacts in Excel with hyperlinked addresses. When I try to import the addresses to Outlook, I do not get active email addresses. When I imported from xls all I got was the first letter of an email address. When I save the list as a csv and imported I got the email address showing up in the Contacts folder. However when I start a new email I can get the name of the Contact to show up, but clicking on it does not get me an email address.

Is there problems with importing xls or csv files into Outlook? Is there a better approach?

Thanks

Re: Imorting Contacts from Excel (Outlook XP)

While Outlook can import a CSV file, you will get better results if you mimic Outlook's export format. Try exporting some sample data and then putting your Excel data into the same structure. Does that help?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Exported Contact information to Excel. However, all I get in the spreadsheet is a list of names and a cell that contains information about our company, the ou and recipient's name. No addresses, tel numbers etc.

Thanks

Thanks

Make sure you use CSV (Windows) format, and that you have selected the appropriate fields to export...