Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Problems with cell borders in tables (2002 & 2003

Has anyone any idea why I cannot remove some horizontal cell borders near the bottom of some of the months in this part-calendar (part only, to get it within the 100KB limit!).

Include the "Tables and Borders" toolbar, set the magnification to about 200% (say), and see if you can remove the non-required line segments. I am clicking on Line Style=No Border, then on the Draw Table tool to get a pencil, then clicking on each cell border. Some disappear, others do not. Note that the required lines are/should be
    Attached Files Attached Files
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problems with cell borders in tables (2002 & 2003

I would use the Borders and Shading dialog. Make sure that you select Cell in the Applies to dropdown list. I could remove the superfluous edges that way.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problems with cell borders in tables (2002 & 2

I seem to remember that this spectacularly counter-intuitive method extends back to Word 6!

Once I've worked out how NOT to get the wrong edges appearing or disappearing, I think I may eventually sort it out. But the way i was using was <big>so</big> much easier -- when it worked... Wish I knew why some of these lines won't behave.

Thanks, as usual!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problems with cell borders in tables (2002 & 2

Yes, thanks, Hans -- with the aforesaid faffing around, it is now pristine!!

John

Ita, esto, quidcumque...