Lounger
    Thanks

Turning a Drawing into a Picture (Word97 SR2)

I have a drawing done in Word in a new document. It has coloured, patterned boxes across the top, and repeated for the legend downwards. Beside each box is a text box. When I copy into my final document, the formatting of the text boxes is lost. They go from justified to Left Ragged, and from Space Before=1line to 0 line, so the text does not line up with the box. I have tried Paste, Paste Special as Picture. If I do Paste as Drawing Object, it floats over text. One time, somehow by unknown random pressing of buttons, I got it into place properly, displayed on screen properly, but printed without the patterns, so it is shades of grey only on b&w printer.
    Any help gratefully received
    ruth

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Turning a Drawing into a Picture (Word97 SR2)

The text boxes in the first document are using styles to format the text. When you paste this content into another word document and the styles are not exactly the same then the text will change to match the current docs styles.

Try creating a style (with a name that doesn't exist in the second document) for use in the graphic in the original location. Now you should be able to copy this into the second document without text reformatting.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Lounger
    Thanks

thanks heaps. Is that why the patterns don't come out either? They appear on the screen, but not on the printer.
    Ruth Callcott, Callcott Consulting, Newcastle, Australia

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I think the patterns being converted is a separate issue and probably needs to be resolved by the printer driver. Check all the nooks and crannys in the printer setup dialogs and maybe even check that you have the latest printer driver.

Do black and white patterns get converted too?
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Lounger
    Thanks

It's weird. with same printer from same computer therefore same driver. However it now seems to print again so I think I'll just put it in the "i don't know" basket and hope.
    thanks for your help