3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

XP /Win98 downloads

I have two computers, but only the XP machine is online. The Win98SE machine is not hooked up for online at all.
    Is it possible to download upgrades for 98SE using the XP, copying that info to a CD, then feeding that into the Win98SE??
    I don't want to screw anything up by confusing Microsoft..........they're so easily confused, aren't they?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: XP /Win98 downloads

You can get the updates from Windows 98 Download: Windows Update. It has links to the numerous downloads available.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

That's a good link from Tony, but if your Windows 98 SE box is not networked or connected to the internet, why do you want any Microsoft software "upgrades"? Most of them are security fixes, which I would say are irrelevant to you in this circumstance.

I have exactly the same situation as you, and I haven't put any updates on since the Win 98 SE box was taken off the internet connection about four or five years ago. It still works adequately for what I use it for (the poor little thing only has 500 MHz and 384 MB of memory!).

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks John -
    You confirmed what I suspected, but I was going to take a look to be sure. Now, I know I don't have to worry about Microsoft screwing up a machine that is finally working very well. My mind is at ease.