Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: My Network Places
2005-06-22, 12:52 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2005
- Leicestershire, United Kingdom
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Network Places
Looking for some help and if anyone can help me on this little niggle?
I have some Win2k PC's that if you go into My Network Places and then go 'Computers Near Me' nothing is listed. This only seems to happen on older systems (date from the o/s was installed) or systems the nic has been changed. For example recently I upgraded some nics to be 10/100/1000 insteasd of 10/100
Any ideas?Best Regards,
2005-06-23, 23:41 #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2001
- New York, New York, USA
- Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: My Network Places
1. Uninstall old (removed) NICs from the system (you need to boot to Safe Mode to do it.)
2. Try to uniustall, then reinstall TCP/IP on your network connection.
3. Update the driver for your 100/1000 NIC to the latest version.
- make sure that ports 135-139 are open on the problem computer
- ping or connect to the problem computer from the server or another computer
- wait for about 15 minutes for "Computers near me" list to be populated