Star Lounger
    Thanks

Query Results (Access)

Hi, I have created an "edit" form with product category and listings. I want to include a query text box that will provide a result within the text box or a different text box, so that the user can use the data and enter it in the edit form.

For example I have a CU GL#1234 and I want to type 1234 in this query text box that will then return the results for the corresponding Oracle GL#. The user would then type in the Oracle GL# in the edit form.

I don't want the query to bring up the results in a datasheet view that I would then have to click off of and go back to the edit form to update the record. I want everything to be on the same "sheet" for the user.

I hope I explained this correctly. Thanks

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query Results (Access)

Can you give some more explanation about what you want ?
    What do you mean by :I want to include a query text box that will provide a result within the text box or a different text box,
    I want to type 1234 : where ? a search form ? or in the header or footer of a form ?
    The user would then type in the Oracle GL# in the edit form. In the same textbox or another ? To do another search or to modify a record ?
    Francois

Star Lounger
    Thanks

This is what I want.
    1. A box or field that a number could be entered in to.
    2. When the number is entered, I want a query to be run on the number that was entered.
    3. I want the results of the query to be displayed in a different box or field.
    4. I want everything to be displayed on the same screen. Meaning I don't want the query to run and then the user is taken to a different screen. i.e. datasheet view.

The form is going to be used to update product catagory listings. Currently we use two accounting systems. I need the corresponding gl numbers from each accounting system. So when I am updating the table via the form, I'll have the accounting number from system x, but then I need to run a query on the accounting number from system x to get the accounting number from system z. When the query results come up with the accounting number for system z; I will then populate that field manually and update the record and save to the table via the form.

I hope this made better sense. Thanks.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

I would use a form with a header.
    In the header, put an unbound textbox where you can enter the number you are searching.
    In the On Enter event of the textbox or with a command button, you can filter the form or add (or modify) a where clause in the record source.
    Display the details of the record that have to be changed in the detail section of the form and use it to modify what you want.
    HTH
    Francois