5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Saved as html cause Active X warings in Outlook (W

If I save a document in Word as a Web page (.html) and then I send this file with Infracta's GroupMail, when I open this mail in Outlook 2003 (I send a copy to myself) I get a message, "Your current security setting prohibits running Active X controls on this page. As a result this page may not display correctly." I do not intend to send any Active X controls. One recipient tells me that these messages from me actually locks up his computer. (I can read the message sent to myself by just clicking OK and the message is displayed correctly. How can I avoid sending any Active X control with these messages?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Saved as html cause Active X warings in Outloo

First, look at the HTML source and see if there's anything that might be trying to load controls.

Second, do you have this problem wit hany othe rmail messages?

Third, could there be something in the message that causes Outlook to run a macro, or 3rd party software, that tries use an ActiveX control.

Fourth, what if you try receiving the mail in Thunderbir or Outlook Express or Eudora or ...?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I looked at the html source and can not find anything that is trying to load Active X or any controls. See attached. It only happens when I create the text in Word and save it as html. I created the same text in FrontPage and saved the page as an html document and came through without any Active X warning. A cumbersome work around.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

u'll need to look at the message as sent by Infacta, including the mail headers.

Something in the mail headers must betriggering the problem.

Try sending the file using OE, Thunderbird, ... .

In each mail program, save/examine the entire message, including headers.

Thanks

One common cause of that error, when using Word as the Outlook mail editor, are "smart tags" that Word 2002-2003 like to attach to addresses, stock symbols, and various other bits and pieces of text. I haved turn off Smart Tags in various places, including:
    <UL><LI>Tools>AutoCorrect Options..., Smart Tags tab, uncheck: "Label text with smart tags"

<LI>Tools>Options..., Save tab, uncheck: "Embed smart tags"; "Save smart tags as XML properties in web pages"

<LI>Tools>Options..., General tab, E-mail Options... button, uncheck: "Save smart tags in e-mail"[/list]Does that help?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I did as you suggested: Tools>Options..., Save tab, I unchecked: "Embed smart tags"; "Save smart tags as XML properties in web pages"
    I left everything else as is, saved the document as a Web page (html), and sent the document with GroupMail. It worked perfectly with no Active X warnting. Thanks