2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Combo Box Help (2002 SP3)

Is it possible to create a combo box on a continuous form when a selection is made from the combo box, the selection is no longer in the list once the use moves to the next record.
    Any ideas, suggestions, or web page to help would be great as I have not been able to find material on the subject.

Winston

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Combo Box Help (2002 SP3)

The problem is that there is in fact only one instance of the combo box on the continuous form. If you modify its row source, the change will affect all records. So if you remove an item from the list, it will also disappear from the list in the record in which you selected the item!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

I was thinking that would happen. Just was not sure if there was already a way to do it.

Thanks
    Winston

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I forgot to mention that the user only needs to make the selection once. The form configures settings for a report based on what each manager wanted to see. As the field or item can only be on the report once I wanted the option to not be available twice.

I figured out how to make the combo box work using a Union Query on the got focus event and provided a working example of the combo box.
    Details are with the code.

Winston