Lounger
    Thanks

Voting Buttons Possible? (Outlook 2002)

Hi, all. I checked the archives and did some web research on my question, but didn't find anything. Hopefully, this has come up before, though.

Is it possible for an Outlook mail recipient to select multiple responses when using voting buttons? For example, if you wanted someone to choose a meeting location from one group of options and another meeting group from another group of options. What I'm envisioning is that the replies would have the respondent's selection from group one and and their selection from group two.

Is this possible? I've tried several things (double semi-colons to separate "groups" in the voting button box, or separating groups with a blank voting button) with no success.

Thanks for any and all thoughts.

Brent

Thanks

Re: Voting Buttons Possible? (Outlook 2002)

I suspect you will need to create a custom form. You can create drop-down controls, create a user-defined field (such as Location1 and Location2) for each one, and pre-define the options. I recently created a conference room reservation request form and it took quite a long time to figure out the nuances. If you are comfortable working with properties dialogs and have the time to build such a form, it can be a big time-saver for the organization.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for the suggestion. I was afraid of that. I have a limited knowledge of form creation in Outlook. Guess it's a chance to expand my knowledge! However, it will only be helpful to me. My organization, unfornutately, is a slow adapter. They haven't even adjusted to using the joy of the simple email "publish as" form for repetitive messages. Even though everyone loved the idea. Made it known about 6 months ago and, out of 250 people, exactly 2 use it. But they both love it!

Brent

Thanks

I was at Fry's Electronics today and saw two books that might be helpful. The first, a bit older, is Sue Mosher's Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Developers, and Power Users. It was written for Outlook 2002. The other was the large and pricey Programming Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange 2003, published by Microsoft Press. While both books have tons of information on VBA, they also have at least a couple chapters on forms and VBScript programming. Good luck!