3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Startup time (XP home SP2)

Some guidance please from you knowledgable loungers: Looking at system properties - advanced tab - startup and recovery - settings - I notice the system startup time is set at 30 secs (I assume by default as I've never altered anything knowingly) see screen shot. My question is ...would there be any advantage in making this time shorter and would it speed up things when first turning computer on after a shutdown and re booting?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Startup time (XP home SP2)

Do you have multiple operating systems installed? I have the same settings, but since I only have Windows XP, my PC boots to XP immediately.
    If you do see a list of OSes at startup, you can reduce the time, it just means that if you want to select another OS than the default, you'll have to do it faster.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It is possible to have multiple "Operating Systems" even if you only have Windows XP.

Have a look in the drop down list box immediately above the line you have highlighted. If this list only has one operating system showing then the 30 seconds will be skipped.

StuartR

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans & Stuart, I think I understand now what it means...only got the one XP OS so I will just leave it as it is.