New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Direct Mail Manager??

Here is the response I received from MS Product Support Services. Looks like a wait of unknown duration for a patch.

----------------

You are looking for reference as to whether the Office 2000 Small Business Tools Direct Mail Manager is either (1) a part of Office XP or (2) if not a part of Office XP, whether it is compatible with Office XP.

I performed extensive research in Microsoft web site and internal Knowledge Base and found the following information:
    Direct Mail Manage (DMM) is a tool that is used to create bulk mailing and merged documents using Word or Publisher. DMM can also be used to verify your address list (data source) for possible errors by connecting to an Internet site (ZIP-Station). It also provides additional templates and Wizards for Word that can be used to create mail merge main documents.

The version of DMM that shipped with Office 2000 will be available as a free download from the Office Update web site; however, DMM is no longer available as part of the Small Business Tools. Also, a patch will be available to ensure that DMM functions properly with Office 2002. This will also be available for download. There will be no other updates to DMM and it will no longer ship in the Office box.

However I haven't found the patch available to ensure that DMM functions properly with Office 2002 anywhere. If I get further information about DMM with Office XP I will inform you as soon as possible.

--------------------

New Lounger
    Thanks

Direct Mail Manager?? (XP)

Apparently Office XP does not include the Small Business Tools present in the Office 2000 Premium edition. It also does not, according to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.microsoft.com/Office/ORK/xp/ONE/depb08.htm>http://www.microsoft.com/Office/ORK/xp/ONE/depb08.htm</A>, automatically remove the Small Business Tools. However, there is no mention as to whether the Small Business Tools continue to function with the Office XP upgrade. I am particularly interested in the Direct Mail Manager. Does anyone know if this continues to function with Office XP? TIA.