3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adobe 6.0 Professional` (Office XP)

I installed Adobe 6.0 professional yesterday and find that it has had added Adobe icons to my MS Office Applications - specifically Excel and Word. I am not having any problems with Excel but with Word I notice that when I select New, the task pane appears on the right side of the window as usual, I will then select a template, i.e., a letter and Word opens the new document based on the template, but the Task Pane does not hide the way it used to before installing Adobe.

I've gone through most of the Options and cannot find a way to get rid of the Task Pane when I create a new document, so I don't have to do this manually.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Adobe 6.0 Professional` (Office XP)

See if the free Task Pane Controller from Controlling the Task Pane, even when add-ins are present does what you want. If not, you may have to remove the Adobe add-in from your Word startup folder. You'll still be able to print a document to PDF format, but you'll lose the Adobe toolbar. Adobe is notorious for messing up Word behavior.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You could uninstall and reinstall the Acrobat and find the place in the customized install where you tell it not to install the Office macro bits. I skipped version 6 of Acrobat, so I'm not sure exactly where you find that option.

The thing that bugs me about these sorts of programs is that they install all these locked up macros in Normal.Dot so you can't do anyting about them. Hmm. Maybe you could make a backup of Normal.DOT before installing and then overwrite the adulterated version?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can prevent the Acrobat Word add-in being loaded, whilst leaving it accessible when needed, by following the steps in <post#=495,204>post 495,204</post: >

StuartR