Star Lounger
    Thanks

Suppress Linked File query? (MSWord 2000/ WIN XP)

I have some hyperlinks and some GenerateDocument Macrobuttons that call templates for creating a new document. The templates have links in the Header to our standard Letterhead. As WORD is preparing to open the document, it asks:

This document contains one or more links to other files. Do you want to update this document with the data from the linked files? YES or NO.

I understand it does this because I have linked files embedded in the headers... However, is there some way to tell MS Word that it should Always just do the update with the data from the linked file? OR some way to make the call with a switch that says, For this instance, go ahead and get the update (don't bother asking)? Or something I can put in each doc that will achieve the same result (just update, don't ask)?

I can't help but think I am missing something really simple, but I haven't found it yet.

TIA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Suppress Linked File query? (MSWord 2000/ WIN XP)

This is probably due to a security update that Microsoft issued in 2002 when it was discovered that automatically updating fields could be used for malicious purposes. You can control the behavior by setting a user-level registry entry. See How the behavior of the Word fields changes after you install the Word update.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Suppress Linked File query? (MSWord 2000/ WIN

Hans - Good on ya, mate! I was definitely looking in the wrong places... Thanks so much for the answer.