Administrator
    Thanks

MS shared computer toolkit (SP-2)

Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit for XP BETA is available for all types of XP SP-2 - home, pro, media center. From the download page:

"The Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit for Windows XP helps make it easy for anyone to set up, safeguard and manage reliable shared computers"

Joe

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MS shared computer toolkit (SP-2)

Joe

This looks very interesting!

But I trust we can work out what to do, should any part of it malfunction...!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Administrator
    Thanks

Version 1.0 of this tool is now released. Get it from Download details: Shared Computer Toolkit for Windows XP.

Note also: SCT Beta Upgrade Notes.

Joe

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Joe

I've just been reading the Shared Computer Toolkit for Windows XP product overview and I'm wondering if it's at all applicable to the problems I'm anticipating, using two versions of Office and VB re:<post:=493,967>post 493,967</post:>. Any thoughts?

Alan

Administrator
    Thanks

Hi Alan,

You may be better off with two different users each with their own version of Office (installed to different folders). Don't know how much help the SCT would be. I'm leery of installing any version of Office older than XP with another version. MS has done a much better job with the last two versions of keeping folders & files separate.

Joe