2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problems sending 2 Emails with Docmd.Sendobject (Access 2000)

I am trying to send 2 consecutive emails using the following code. I have a button that gets pressed and an email gets sent to the user using the database and then one to the administrator, me in this case. When the button is pressed it sends the first email fine. The second is never sent. When I comment out the first email line, the second works fine.

Also, there is another problem with these 2 lines of code. When the form loads and the button is pressed for the first time, it sends only the first email. When the button is pressed a second, third, etc time, no emails are sent. I then am forced to shut Access all the way down to get the email function to work again.

DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , acFormatHTML, strAdmin, , , strSubjectNewUserPasswordAdmin, strMessageNewUserPasswordAdmin, False

DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , acFormatHTML, strNameUser, , , strSubjectNewUserPasswordUser, strMessageNewUserPasswordUser, False

Any assistance is welcomed.

Mike

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problems sending 2 Emails with Docmd.Sendobject (Access 2000)

Some things to try:
    <UL><LI>After sending the first e-mail, use Alt+Tab to see if there is a message box hidden behind the Access window waiting for input.
    <LI>See if the problem persists if you set the last argument (EditMessage) to True instead of False temporarily. You will have to click the Send button in the message manually.[/list]Due to security measures, sending e-mails programmatically is not as easy as it used to be. See <post#=317048>post 317048</post#> for some solutions; ClickYes is the simplest.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

None of those solutions worked. The solutions in post 317048 would not work for my situation. It does not matter. I figured out a way around this problem.

Thanks anyway.
    Mike

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

For the benefit of others reading this thread, could you give an indication of your workaround? Thank you.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The goal of those 2 lines of code was to send different messages to the User and to the Administrator. Instead of different messages, I reworded onw of the messages to make it appropriate to send to both the user and the administrator. I then used one docmd.sendobject like the following:

DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , acFormatHTML, strEmailTo, , , strSubjectNewPasswordExistsUser, strMessageNewPasswordExistsUser, False

where strEmailTo = UserEmail & "; " & AdministratorEmail

Mike

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks!