2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Font for Header in NORMAL.DOT (2002)

I have a normal.dot configured the way I like it such that whenever I create a new document it has those default parameters. One parameter, however I can't seem to get changed. The font for the Header and footer seems to always revert to Times New Roman even after I change it and save the normal.dot. I have no problem specifying the default font in the body of a word document, its just in the header.

Anyone know how to do this or what I am doing wrong?

Doug Larson

Thanks

Re: Font for Header in NORMAL.DOT (2002)

Are you changing the Header style definition, or applying direct formatting? I'm not sure I could say what's happening either way, but there are some "update" features that could be causing this.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Font for Header in NORMAL.DOT (2002)

If I open normal.dot, view header/footer and then change the Header style (and/or the Footer style) and save then those changes "stick". New docs that I subsequently create have headers and footers formatted as per the changes. Slow learner confession - I found this useful after years of manually adjusting the default tabs in the footer to centre things as the default tabs assume that no-one has messed with the default margins!