4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Setting printer to duplex (2000/SR2)

We have a Canon Image Runner 8500 copier/printer attached to our network. I wante to set up an Excel spreadsheet with a Macro, so the sheet would duplex print on the Canon. I tried to do it by recording my macro and then setting up the duplex function. But the instructions to duplex do not seem to "stick", in fact, it doesn't show up in the Macro at all. What can I do to set that up? This is going to be used by a lot of people, and expecting everyone to remember to set it for duplex before they print everytime is not practical. The code that I got back is below. Thanks for your help.

Sub PrintComplete2Canon()

Application.ActivePrinter = "laafp1LAA-Canon on Ne05:"
    ActiveWorkbook.PrintOut Copies:=1, ActivePrinter:= _
    "laafp1LAA-Canon on Ne05:", Collate:=True
    End Sub

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Setting printer to duplex (2000/SR2)

You could set up a special printer definition for duplex printing, and temporarily switch to that printer (you know how).

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

Sorry to sound ignorant, I'm not sure I do know how. (I probably do, you've probably told me and I just can't remember) I'm assuming that you mean to set up another printer icon and then set that up for the duplexing that I need. I tried copying the existing printer and it won't let me do that and also tried setting it up again, but it won't let me do that either. Could I get another hint? Thanks for your help.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

What hans is suggesting is that you start the standard Windows Add Printer Wizard - in the Start Menu. Ste up the "new" printer just like the existing one (but with a different name); only set the Output settings as Duplex. That way you can switch the Printer settings back and forth without extensive trouble. Hope that's clear.
    Gre