New Lounger
    Thanks

File explorer task pane (any)

Does anyone know if there is an add-in for Word that creates a file explorer task pane like the one in FrontPage. This would allow the filenames in the current folder to be clickable without having to go back to File+Open to open each new file. Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks
    Roger

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: File explorer task pane (any)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Word 2003 is the first version in which it is possible to design custom task panes, but I haven't been able to find a readily available one that does what you describe.

(I assume that you know that you can open multiple documents in one go: you can select multiple files in the File | Open dialog the same way as in Windows Explorer, by dragging a rectangle around files with the mouse, or by using Click and Shift+Click or Ctrl+Click)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: File explorer task pane (any)

Hans

Thanks for such a quick response. Yes, I could open several files at a time, but having the file+open dialog permanently open as a task pane would be great when I sit at meetings where I need to switch quickly from one document to the next (effectively in browsing mode).

I'm hoping that someone has thought of this already and done the hard work for me.

regards
    Roger