2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Icons (Outlook 2001 Mac)

Hi,

Sorry I know this is a Windows Outlook forum, but if someone can pass me on to a Mac Outlook expert, that would be great. I'm not helped by the fact that Outlook 2001 for the Mac was issued DOA.

My problem concerns the mail icons. A user of Outlook 2001 (served via Microsoft Exchange) has an inconsistency with the mail icons. Sometimes she replies to an e-mail, and the icon next to the entry shows the proper blue arrow pointing to the left, i.e. the reply icon. However other times, the icon remains as an opened envelope, just indicating a read e-mail.

I was unable to duplicate the problem (all my attempts turned out properly), but I looked at some of the messages she had received and subsequently replied to; the original e-mails should clearly have the reply icon next to them.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

Thanks

Re: Outlook Icons (Outlook 2001 Mac)

Just a footnote from my experience. If I open a message, open an attachment in that message, then reply to the message, then close the attachment without changing anything, then close the original message, Outlook asks me if I want to save changes. What it is asking about is the tracking information that I replied. If I say "No," the information is discarded. Not sure whether this might explain any of your users' experiences.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Icons (Outlook 2001 Mac)

This may also only be of peripheral help. Outlook 2000 (on which Outlook 2001 was based?) had a facility for viewing items by "Conversation". In other e-mail programs, this could be called "Threaded View". Personally, I found this to be frustratingly "hit & miss". There was no understandable way in which it decided something related to a previous email or not. Sometimes an intuitively understandable workaround is the most time-saving solution - if one is available to your friend. HTH
    Gre