5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Inserting Excel data (2003)

I need to insert Excel data into a Word document. It is wide, so I'd like to put it on its own page, in landscape format. How do I do this? THanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inserting Excel data (2003)

Select the Excel object (plus caption or whatever extra text you want to include).
    Select File | Page Setup...
    Select Landscape and make sure that Apply To is set to Selected Text, then click OK.
    Word will insert section breaks before and after the selected text, and set the selected text to landscape format, while the text before and after it remains in portrait format.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Worked fine, thanks. I will look this up in Help, but how does a "section break" fit into the scheme of things? I thought everything was "paragraph" oriented. I was looking all over the place for how to do that as a paragraph adjustment.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Word stores things like margins, page size and orientation, headers and footers in sections. It wouldn't make much sense for these to be different for different paragraphs on the same page!

StuartR

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I had to redo the excel table, expanding it. Now, I cannot get the advice above to recreate the landscape presentation I earlier created. I followed the instructions, but the Excel cells now show as large, and entending over the page border, in portrait mode. Any ideas on how to correct this? Is it always this difficult or is it just a matter of doing it enough? Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I think it is a matter of experience, I sometimes get this problem too but can usually correct it.

Try completely deleting the Excel table, including the section breaks, and adding it back in again.

StuartR