2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't install google deskbar (2003)

I wasn't really sure which forum to post this to - so thought I would start here as it has to do with searching the internet.

I have just started working for a new company that has blocked being able to install any programs from the internet. I have however, copied the google deskbar program onto my hard drive. It looks like it installs, but when it says wait you have to turn on the toolbar, the option isn't available in the right click menu. I'm sure it is to do with the security settings in my new company, but I love the google deskbar - anybody know a way around it?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't install google deskbar (2003)

It's not really a good idea to try and bypass your employer's security settings. What if there is a problem with your PC and the IT department finds out you've installed software yourself? You could be in deep trouble.
    Try to convince the IT department that you need the Google Deskbar and have them install it for you.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You're probably right. I just hope I can convince them!

Cheers.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Susan,

I have been living at Google lately trying to fix my toolbar problem and in my travels I noticed that there is an alternate download site for those whose firewalls block installation directly from the site. I don't know if that will circumvent your security issues or not, but you might take a look for that.

Best,