3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

listbox menu options (Access 2002)

Hi All!

It's so frustrating when you know you know how to do something (and know you've done it but can't even remember when/where!!!) but your brain is getting old and braincells are hardening....Can someone please refresh my memory on this? Perhaps point out an example?

I'd like to have a listbox list my reports. When the user right clicks on a report in the listbox, a popup menu appears that shows options of printing the report, previewing the report, or viewing the related data table.

Grrr, I know I've done this before!!! (Afterthought: maybe it was in VB, which is why I can't figure out how to do it in Acces???) TIA,

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: listbox menu options (Access 2002)

You can adapt the code from How to fill a list box or a combo box with database object names to fill a list box with the names of all reports in the database.

You can create a custom popup menu using Tools | Customize... (create a custom toolbar, then set its type to Popup) or in VBA, and set the ShortcutMenuBar property of the list box to the name of your custom context menu.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans!

The first part I've got done :-) At least that much I remembered.

The second part is what I'm having trouble setting up. You wouldn't happen to have links to examples for that?

Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Can't find any detailed ones (Microsoft Office Assistance: Create a toolbar is very short). If you explain in some detail what you want to accomplish and where you have problems, I'm sure someone here can help.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Hans. Drank an extra cup of coffee and woke my brain up. Made a custom menu, set it to popup, moved my subs to a module and made them functions and good to go. Sometimes I just need someone to shake my brain.