3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Matching Up Payments

I'm trying to match up payments. But every time I try to pull the information together I get the one payment of $30 matching up with every line of the invoice. How do I get it so when I print out an invoice, I get the total payments deducted off (and showing as "Total Payments" at the bottom of) the invoice?

I have a Student table, Invoices table, Invoice Detail table, Fees table (that goes into the Invoice Detail table), and a Payment table (which links one-to-many from the invoice table).

Thanks for any help.

Jennifer

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Matching Up Payments

Jennifer, ou can try to place a field in the report footer section named [Total Payments], and set the control source to the [Payment] field, and set the RUNNING SUM property to OVER ALL. This field could then be used for a [Balance Due Field]....

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This still doesn't solve my problem. I still can't add up the payments. Did I link the tables together incorrectly?

Jen

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Jenn, try putting the [Payment] field in the page footer, and the [Total Payment] field in the report footer. Sometimes you have to move the fields from footer to footer until it displays the proper totals. Make sure the running sum properties are set correctly, too...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Do I have to pull in the Payments table to total up the payments? If not, I can't seem to get it to total up the payments. I used the following code in the control of Total Payments:

=[Forms]![frmPayments]![Payment]

It just shows a "#Name?" where the total payment amount should be. What am I doing wrong?

Jen