2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

1NET Framework Load Error (1.1)

After three attempts at uninstalling and re-installing NET Framework 1.1 on a WinXP/SP2 machine I still get the error in attachment #1 and thereafter a gmailnotifier error per attachment #2...anyone have a clue as to how to stop this error reporting...Thanks....

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: NET Framework Load Error (1.1)

Here is the second attachment which I didn't seem able to send the first time around...sorry....

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

This Google Search: ".net" configuration editor has links to build your own configuration editor and to a commercial editor. You should read ASP 101 - Building a .NET Application Configuration Editor.

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks but reading through your reference seems more complicated than my knowledge...tried a quick fix of just deleting GMAILNotifier and after a couple of boots error has not surfaced...if this doesn't work I'll try reading your stuff again...thanks again....

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sometimes the hidden temp files in the profile you are using needs to be cleaned out. If an installing programs temp files are in there multiple times sometimes Windows get confused.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm not sure how to eliminate any hidden TEMP files but I uninstalled GMAILNOTIFIER and that seems to have stopped the NET.Framework error message..if you have any ideas on how to reinstall gmailnotifier without NET.framwork conflict please let me know...Thanks....

Administrator
    Thanks

What version of gmail notifier are you running? Have you checked to see you have the most current version? Have you checked the support area for gmailnotifier? This does not appear to be a .NET problem.

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Gmailnotifier v. 1.01 which I assume is the latest (Google doesn't post versions) and I haven't gotten the NET.framework error since I unloaded the notifier. I check with Google FAQ and didn't find anything re this problem but will try reporting it and see if this comes up with anything...Thanks....

Administrator
    Thanks

Gmail Notifier is still BETA software (as much of the Google software seems to be). So, as with any BETA software you might expect problems with it and other software. It would seem to be up to Google to correct the problem. Good luck with it.

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Since I uninstalled gMail Notifier I haven't had a problem with NET Framework. I sent the problem to Google and they said they would look into it. If they come back with a useful response I will post it on this forum in case others have the same problem...Thanks.....Addendum: I haven't heard from Google but since MS released NET.Framework 1.1.1 I reinstalled gMail Notifier and haven't gotten the error since installation...hopefully it is fixed...Thanks for all the responses to date....

Administrator
    Thanks

Thanks for posting back. Maybe this save someone in the future.

Joe
    Joe