3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Form in Task Manager - Not Responding (2003)

Not sure which folder to add this to.

I have a form that we have been using all the time. Today, when we use the form and "Forward" the form to the next user it just hangs.
    We check the Task Manager and it displays the MS Outlook form as "Not Responding" Anybody got some general ideas?

Thanks

Re: Form in Task Manager - Not Responding (2003)

Just to be clear on the facts: the user is creating a new task item from a form in a public folder, saving that into his or her mailbox (or a public folder?), and then forwarding that task item to another user by email. The user having the problem is not designing any forms, just trying to use one already published. The email itself is not a form. Correct or corrections?

For individual user problems, try the Manage Forms dialog on that machine to clear the forms cache and see if that helps. If it affects all users, hmmm, I don't have any experience with that kind of problem.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

1. User creating a new task item from a form in public folder - Yes
    2. saving into their mailbox - Yes
    3. Forwarding to another users mail. - Yes
    4. User having problem is not desiging forms - Yes
    5. Just using one already published - yes
    6. Email itself is not a form - Not sure here. The form is being forward to another user and the new user will open the form. no email being sent just form
    7 Manage forms - we did that. Loaded new copy, deleted copies.
    8. affect what uses - All the Users in our local area (in our building - Houston, Tx) are working fine. The User with the problem is in Atlanta, Ga. and so far it is only with just this form.

- Question: What if they are pulling/pushing more data across the line then they used to?

Thanks

Did you have the user in Atlanta clear her/his forms cache? I don't know what else might be involved in working from a remote office compared with being in the same office with the server.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, I had her do that also. Right now I am submitting the form from my site in Houston, forward it to her for approval and then she will "forward" it the the next section. (this is where it hangs up). I want to see if someone from here starts it, will it continue until finish.

I also want her to 1. use a different PC and submit the request and forward it from her section. 2. have someone else from her site request the form and forward it to the next section. This will show me if everyone is hanging or just her.

Another item is I want to see if the dataline that connects our sites it good enough to hand all the traffice going across it.