5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Documenting user level security (2000)

Is there some native report in Access that will print (provide documentation of) user level security? Show which users have access to which forms, queries, etc? or maybe a report of forms, queries etc showing which users have access to them? Sounds like the same thing but in my mind it would be two distinct presentations of the same info - one user centric, the other object centric.

Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Documenting user level security (2000)

Don, have you tried to use the built-in Documenter? I believe this is the closest you can get to a report of this from the database itself. I don't remember what information the snapshot that is created holds (if perhaps you should try to find that file first), but this is another way, however it will report by database object, not user/group. If you go to Tools> Analyze> Documenter you can choose the items you'd wish to analyze, and by clicking on Options you can choose to report by Users and Group.

Hope this helps!